The Wallworks

Monday, August 26, 2013

Garage Sale Saturday

I woke up early Saturday ready to Garage Sale.  I haven't hit a garage sale in months, maybe a year, and I needed to find Ethan a helmet. I nudged Emry awake cause what fun is shopping without a partner in crime?


(Above) Okay, can I wax poetic about this skirt?!  My sister has a similar one and every time she wears it I think "that skirt should be mine, I love it way more than she does". I am not sure if this crazy line of thinking is specific to me, but I was beyond excited when we found this skirt for $2.  The only problem is Emry found it and she loves it and it looks perfect on her which means it probably wouldn't look so perfect on me.  We'll see.

I found this helmet for Ethan and shockingly enough they were only asking 50 cents for it.  I loathe skulls on any type of clothing, especially for kids, but for 50 cents you could say I sold out.

The Garfield books were $1 each, not the best deal, but my kids LOVE em'!!!

(Below) This super soft grey O'neill sweatshirt for Lila was $1, Emry's sweatshirt was $1, Lila's tank set was $1, and this cute hat that I am glad Emry talked me into getting was $2.


Emry's fur vest 50 cents, bag of Polly's $2, five cans of silly string $1, & storage boxes (for my closet) $8 for all.  I realize that's not a steal for the boxes, but I wanted to get some anyway and they were in 'like new' shape so I got em'.  Probably could have haggled down 2 bucks or so, but I hate doing that.  Sometimes I'll ask my kids to do it for me, Emry's super good at it.


That $2 bag of Polly's kept the girls entertained ALL day long.  They had a photo shoot with them all and then made a fashion magazine that took them about 4 hours.  Creative outlet I say. I also say $2 well spent.


Grand total - $21 even.  Nothing I love more than a good deal, makes me feel like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!